Democratic and Republican congress members are sounding the alarm: tyranny is here.
- Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) says:
“I have been thrown out of more meetings in this capital in the last 24 hours than I ever thought possible, as a duly elected representative of 825,000 citizens of north Texas.”
Burgess asks the Speaker of the House to post the bailout bill on the internet for at least 24 hours instead of passing the largest piece of legislation in US financial history in the “dark of night.”
Rep. Burgess’ says, “Mr. Speaker I understand we are under martial law as declared by the speaker last night.” (Note: For an explanation of what he meant by martial law, see this)
- Congresswoman Kaptur (D-OH) says:
“My message to the American people don’t let Congress seal this deal. High financial crimes have been committed.
The normal legislative process has been shelved. Only a few insiders are doing the dealing, sounds like insider trading to me. These criminals have so much political power than can shut down the normal legislative process of the highest law making body of this land.”
We are Constitutionally sworn to protect and defend this Republic against all enemies foreign and domestic. And my friends there are enemies.”
The people pushing this deal are the very ones who are responsible for the implosion on Wall Street. They were fraudulent then and they are fraudulent now.”
Of course, there are many other indications that tyranny has already come to Amerca, including the permanent stationing of U.S. troops inside the country to quell “civil unrest” and the probable suspension of normal constitutional government for a state of emergency “continuity of government” operation.
This is not entirely new. In 2006, the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities wrote:
“House leadership invokes ‘martial law,’ forcing members to vote on key bills without full knowledge of what they are voting on: move represents erosion of the democratic process”
Indeed, many people, including high-level politicians, have been warning of tyranny in the U.S. for some time. As three of many examples:
- Former prominent republican congressman Bob Barr stated that the U.S. is close to becoming a totalitarian society and that the Bush administration is using fear to try to ensure that this happens
- Current U.S. Congressman Ron Paul stated, the government “is determined to have martial law”, and that the government is hoping to get the people “fearful enough that they will accept the man on the white horse”
- And Former Supreme Court justice Sandra Day O’Connor warned of dictatorship