Forget Republican versus Democratic. That’s a false dichotomy. Its the Democrats in Congress who are now trying to pass the fat cat welfare, taxpayer-funded bailout. Forget labels. Forget politics. Forget who should get credit for good ideas. Let’s look at substance and do what’s best for the country.
House Republicans are pushing a meaningful alternative to the Paulson bailout plan.
CNBC has the story:
In a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader John Boehner urged that the proposals be “given the consideration they deserve.”
The proposals include:
- Wall Street – Not Taxpayers – Should Fund the Recovery
- Private Capital – Not Tax Dollars – Should Be Injected Into Financial Markets
- Immediate Transparency, Oversight, and Market Reform
This is a chance to stop the taxpayer bailout and to make the scam artists who created the economic mess clean it up.
So call Congress and demand that they support:
(1) Wall Street – not taxpayer – funding of the recovery
(2) Private – not public – capital injected into the markets
(3) Immediate transparency, oversight and market reform, and
(4) Insist that they clean up the derivatives mess, also.
(Find contact info at Congress.org).