The Venus Project of Jacque Fresco, featured in the Zeitgeist films, documents a “resource-based economy” to optimize Earth’s resources for the success of all Earth’s inhabitants. This 8-minute video is the best I’ve found for concise and powerful communication of this possibility.
In contrast, the economy we have is by the 1% for the 1%. These are its features:
- What we use for money is created by 1% bank owners as a debt that must be repaid with interest. This causes increasing total debt that can never be repaid because that is what we use for money. The promotion of debt owed by the 99% to the 1% as somehow “good” for the 99% is criminal economic fraud in annual damages of trillions of dollars, harm to billions of people, and deaths to millions of people.
- The 1% operate in cartels that collude to transfer the 99%’s wealth to themselves. This includes a war cartel that kills millions in Orwellian violation of war law (military armed attacks are Wars of Aggression in all cases except when under armed attack by another nation’s government).
- The 1% corporate media lie and distract rather than ever expose the 1%’s crimes centering in money and war, and never seriously report on topics such as a resource-based economy in benefit for 100% of us.
The solution to get from our “debt supply” in Orwellian opposite of a money supply to a resource-based economy will likely happen through monetary and credit reform as a first step:
- Monetary reform creates debt-free money that extinguishes national debt (details here),
- allows government to become employer of last resort for infrastructure investment (hard and soft) for full-employment and optimal infrastructure,
- causes falling prices because infrastructure historically creates more value to the economy than cost.
Credit reform allows for public loans (interest directly pays for public goods/services) as another monetary tool for stable money supply (credit reform details here). An example could be 2% mortgages from a state-owned bank that would completely fund state taxes.
This brighter future is why we Occupy, and why we demand arrests of the criminal 1% that choose debt, deprivation, and War Crimes.
We invite your full participation. The choice of where you place your thoughts, words, and actions is your future. Choose wisely.