- Assad Rejects Trump’s ‘Peace’ Terms
- Big Pharma and the Rise of Gangster Capitalism
- The Ukrainian Diaspora Handler that Manages Ukraine’s Monsters
- How Current Medicine Is Rigged to Win Government-Approval
- The Limits of Empathy
- Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Says U.S. News-Media Still as Bad as 2003 & the ‘Saddam’s WMD’ Lies
- Will AI “Change the World” Or Simply Boost Profits?
- Vladimir Putin’s Basic Disagreement with The West
- Talk Nation Radio: Francesco Duina on Why Poor People in the U.S. Believe Better-Off Countries Are Horrible Places
- Alan Dershowitz Is Not the Only One Who Gets Impeachment Bassackwards
- They Went to Jail for Justice
- The USA Is Now a 3rd World Nation
- America Bombs, Europe Gets the Refugees. That’s evil.
- Interim OPCW Report on Alleged April 7th Gas Attack in Syria
- Former U.S. Ambassador to the Soviet Union: The Claim that “Russia Interfered with U.S. Elections” Is Political Nonsense
If you wish to reproduce any essays from this site:
You may reproduce our essays as long as you give proper attribution (Washington's Blog) and provide a link to our site at the top of the post.
National Security and Copyright NoticesNational Security Notice
We are NOT calling for the overthrow of the government. In fact, we are calling for the reinstatement of our government.
We are not calling for lawlessness. We are calling for an end to lawlessness and lack of accountability and a return to the rule of law.
Rather than trying to subvert the constitution, we are calling for its enforcement.
We are patriotic Americans born and raised in this country. We love the U.S. We don't seek to destroy or attack America ... we seek to restore her to strength, prosperity, liberty and respect.
We don't support or like Al Qaeda, ISIS, the Taliban, or any similar or supporting groups. We think they are all disgusting.
The nation's top legal scholars say that draconian security laws which violate the Constitution should not apply to Americans.
Should you attempt to shut down this site or harass its authors, you are anti-liberty, anti-justice, anti-American ... and undermining America's national security.
We are not copyright pirates. We do not seek to destroy all copyright law.
Even the country's top copyright lawyers oppose draconian anti-piracy laws.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, economic, scientific, and educational issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Tag Archives: purchasing power
Long-time readers may recall the Burrito Index, my real-world measure of inflation. The Burrito Index: Consumer Prices Have Soared 160% Since 2001 (August 1, 2016). The Burrito Index tracks the cost of a regular burrito since 2001. Since we keep detailed records of expenses … Continue reading
Of the many economic policies that are accepted as true yet are absolute nonsense, perhaps none is more achingly nonsensical than the notion that weakening a nation’s currency will magically make that nation prosperous. Like the equally nonsensical Keynesian Cargo … Continue reading
Financial and risk bubbles don’t pop in a vacuum–all the phantom collateral constructed with mal-invested free money for financiers will also implode. If there’s one absolute truism we hear again and again, it’s that central banks are desperately trying to create inflation. … Continue reading