“When we now know that all claims for war with Iraq were known lies as they were told (and verbally explained here), and CNN provides similar innuendo for war by an unsourced alleged report with concerns of what might occur in the future allegedly stated by an unnamed US source reporting on an unnamed foreign source, this is propaganda and not news.” ~ My 2010 analysis of “fake news” reporting from CBS, ABC, CNN to lie Americans into illegal war on Iran.
The White House, New York Times, Washington Post, CBS, etc. all “reported” “fake news” of an unnamed alleged CIA source with zero evidence from an alleged paper that Russia’s government engaged in espionage to overthrow American democracy in the 2016 election. The CIA has not refuted the story. The US government has a long history of similar lies to support treaty-violating Wars of Aggression for rogue state empire conquests, while looting American taxpayers ($6.5 trillion recently “lost” = ~$65,000 per average US household transferred to CIA-supported oligarchs).
This latest example of US .01% corporate media and political “leadership” claim about Russia is obviously “fake news” because:
- There is no evidence offered to substantiate the factual claims.
- The “reporting” omits a long history of other such “fake news” by corporate media and “leadership,” also without evidence, and later totally refuted by revealed evidence. The history of “fake news” perpetuates an illegal empire centered in war, looting, and lying.
- The “reporting” is self-contradicting (explained below).
- The “reporting” omits expert testimony refuting those claims as impossible.
- If the CIA had such evidence it is their stated ethos to “uphold the highest standards of lawful conduct. We are truthful and forthright…” This means that if the lawful integrity of the US election was compromised, they would report and apply lawful remedy, not stay silent about claims coming from their agency accusing a nuclear power’s government of one of the worst crimes it could commit. If Russia made similar claims against our government without evidence, we would collectively chuckle at their tragic-comic ridiculous low-brow propaganda.
- The “reporting” omits expert reports from Stanford and the American Statistical Association (oldest American professional organization after the AMA) that Bernie Sanders won the Primary Election over Hillary Clinton, and “lost” only because of DNC election fraud. Stanford professors’ statistical model placed the odds that Sanders didn’t win at 1 in 77 billion. That means the odds that Clinton won would be the same as you winning a lottery among all humans on planet Earth, if the population was over ten times greater than reality. This is the larger context considering US elections.
- The “reporting” omits Hillary Clinton’s rogue State Department violating obvious security laws with prima facie evidence of a $2 billion Clinton Foundation “pay to play” looting (only ~10% going to charity), and omits foreign governments did influence the election: by contributing hundreds of millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation. They only “report” the leaked authentic e-mails of Clinton’s criminal activity only hurt Clinton rather than both candidates.
Let’s consider each bullet point.
‘Reporting’ major news with zero evidence = FAKE by definition
news: a person, thing, or event considered as a choice subject for journalistic treatment
A human victory over dictatorial control was the Age of Enlightenment, whereby we are only educated when we demand and have objective factual evidence to see reality for ourselves. Conversely, factual claims without evidence are unsubstantiated claims that the educated dismiss as not a person, thing, or event that is news.
Testimony from alleged CIA about alleged evidence is not real news because there is nothing real to show anyone.
History of ‘fake news’ = rational response that any new ‘reports’ without evidence is more of the same history
This one example of “fake news” is especially ridiculous propaganda when considered with a long history of similar demonizing lies to fake Americans into illegal Wars of Empire. The propaganda is required because ongoing lie-started and Orwellian-illegal Wars of Aggression require all US military and government to refuse all war orders because there are no lawful orders for obviously unlawful wars. Officers are required to arrest those who issue obviously unlawful orders. Those of us working for this area of justice are aware of zero attempts to refute this with, “War law states (a, b, c), so the wars are legal because (d, e, f).” All we receive is easy-to-reveal bullshit.
Historic tragic-comic empire is only possible through such straight-face lying.
Self-contradictory reporting = ‘fake news’
In 2010 I reviewed corporate media “reporting” of propaganda for war on Iran to contrast their statements against objective evidence, and demonstrate their rhetoric as easily refuted lies of omission and commission. Another way to characterize their “fake news” is with Princeton Professor Frankfurt’s academic language: bullshit.
Sub-Headline: The conclusion that Russia intervened in the election to help Donald J. Trump was based on what many believe ….
Analysis: “based on what many believe” — sounds impressive but tells us nothing. “Many” also believe that the allegation is false, and the word “believe” implies opinion, not hard evidence.
Sub-Headline: … is overwhelming circumstantial evidence, …
Analysis: And yet, this “overwhelming circumstantial evidence” — (sizzle sizzle) — has still not been released! We are left to blindly trust an unnamed (imaginary?) CIA source that the “evidence” is indeed “overwhelming.”
Mazzetti & Lichtblau: American spy and law enforcement agencies were united in the belief, in the weeks before the presidential election, that the Russian government had deployed computer hackers to sow chaos during the campaign.
Analysis: “were united in the belief” — apart from being an untrue statement, that claim still does not provide the reader with any evidence of the “Russian hacking.” Oh waiter — Where is my damn steak, please?
Mazzetti & Lichtblau: Last week, Central Intelligence Agency officials presented lawmakers with a stunning new judgment that upended the debate.
Analysis: “Stunning,” eh? — “upended the debate,” eh? Those are mighty strong words. But you two ass-clowns still haven’t described the nature of this “overwhelming” and “stunning” evidence that so “upended the debate”. How do “youse guys” know that it is so “stunning” if you aren’t actually privy to it? Sizzle sizzle, but still no steak.
Mazzetti & Lichtblau: The C.I.A.’s conclusion ….. was an analysis of what many believe is overwhelming circumstantial evidence —
Analysis: “many believe.” — There “youse guys” go again! We don’t care about the “many” and nor are we impressed by the word “belief.” Tell us what “youse guys” actually KNOW!
Mazzetti & Lichtblau: … evidence that others feel does not support firm judgments
Analysis: “others feel does not support firm judgments” — Ah! A tiny little truth gem slipped in to give the appearance of objectivity. So, there are “others” in the intelligence community who do not buy this tale. Interesting. But didn”t “youse guys” just say that the intelligence gencies “were united in the belief?” … Hmmm? Gotcha!
‘Reporting’ that omits refuting expert testimony = fake news
From Washington’s Blog:
The NSA executive who created the agency’s mass surveillance program for digital information, who served as the senior technical director within the agency, who managed six thousand NSA employees, the 36-year NSA veteran widely regarded as a “legend” within the agency and the NSA’s best-ever analyst and code-breaker, who mapped out the Soviet command-and-control structure before anyone else knew how, and so predicted Soviet invasions before they happened (“in the 1970s, he decrypted the Soviet Union’s command system, which provided the US and its allies with real-time surveillance of all Soviet troop movements and Russian atomic weapons”) – confirmed to Washington’s Blog that the NSA would definitely know who the hacker was.
Binney told Washington’s Blog in July:
Snowden is right and the MSM is clueless… Do they have evidence that the Russians downloaded and later forwarded those emails to wikileaks? Seems to me that they need to answer those questions to be sure that their assertion is correct…
You can tell from the network log who is going into a site. I used that on networks that I had. I looked to see who came into my LAN, where they went, how long they stayed and what they did while in my network.
Further, if you needed to, you could trace back approaches through other servers etc. Trace Route and Trace Watch are good examples of monitoring software that help do these things. Others of course exist … probably the best are in NSA/GCHQ and the other Five Eyes countries. But, these countries have no monopoly on smart people that could do similar detection software.
In October, Binney told us:
If the idiots in the intelligence community expect us to believe them after all the crap they have told us (like WMD’s in Iraq and “no we don’t collect data on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans”) then they need to give clear proof of what they say. So far, they have failed to prove anything.
Which suggests they don’t have proof and just want to war monger the US public into a second cold war with the Russians.
More expert testimony is provided by Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity. Their conclusion that the article substantiates with evidence:
A New York Times report on Monday alluding to “overwhelming circumstantial evidence” leading the CIA to believe that Russian President Vladimir Putin “deployed computer hackers with the goal of tipping the election to Donald J. Trump” is, sadly, evidence-free. This is no surprise, because harder evidence of a technical nature points to an inside leak, not hacking – by Russians or anyone else.
CIA’s Orwellian ‘Vision, Mission, Ethos & Challenges’ as ‘fake news’ to their employees and tax-paying Americans
See for yourself what the CIA claims they’re doing for “service, integrity, excellence,” etc. I’ve already provided refutation of CIA’s claims of lawful service, but to be thorough and clear:
My 2015 paper for the Claremont Colleges’ conference, Seizing an Alternative Toward an Ecological Civilization:
My 2016 paper:
US illegal: History of rogue empire REQUIRING arrests in the present. Introduction to define ‘rogue state’ as perfect match with US illegal Wars of Aggression, Crimes Against Humanity, dictatorial government (1 of 11)
Official audit: ‘Lie-started and illegal Wars of Aggression Dept’ (so-called ‘Defense’) claims they ‘lost’ $6.5 trillion (~$65,000 per US household). Americans: prefer arrests for OBVIOUS crimes in war, money, lying, or paying for the dictatorial rogue US state?
‘Reporting’ that omits expert research proving DNC and Clinton Primary Election fraud stealing nomination from Sanders = fake news!
Electronic voting machines that allow Americans to touch a computer screen but not provide any physical receipt of a vote is “fake voting,” obviously. If there’s nothing real to objectively count and verify, that does not meet the definition of “election” and would be the primary topic of any objective reporting of American so-called democracy.
Stanford and the American Statistical Association (oldest American professional organization after the AMA) conclude that Bernie Sanders won the Primary Election over Hillary Clinton, and “lost” only because of DNC election fraud through such literally unaccountable “voting” machines.
Stanford professors’ statistical model placed the odds that Sanders didn’t win at 1 in 77 billion. To not report on such real news is obviously damning evidence of propaganda.
‘Reporting’ that omits $2 billion Clinton Foundation with just 10% going to ‘charity’ is hiding obvious evidence of looting
Dozens of us in independent media report that since 2001, the Clinton Foundation has raised ~$2 billion for “charity,” but with tax records revealing only 10% of money went for programs, with apparently ~50% going directly to Bill and Hillary Clinton (and here, here).
Clinton committed obvious federal felonies from operating a private government through her personal e-mail while Secretary of State. She lies continuously about these facts, including that she received and sent classified and confidential information. The “missing” and deleted e-mails are likely to show her trading State Department favors for Clinton Foundation donations; a primary motivation to have a private e-mail server in order to keep these communications secret. Top 5 criminal lies by Hillary Clinton in two minutes:
A similar playbook is documented in the 1-page article, Rigged, in 2004 with President W. Bush.
The Crimes hidden by .01% ‘fake news’
- The US is a literal rogue state empire led by neocolonial looting liars. The history is uncontested and taught to anyone taking comprehensive courses. If anyone has any refutations of this professional academic factual claim for any of this easy-to-read and documented content, please provide it.
- US ongoing lie-started and Orwellian-illegal Wars of Aggression require all US military and government to refuse all war orders because there are no lawful orders for obviously unlawful wars. Officers are required to arrest those who issue obviously unlawful orders. And again, those of us working for this area of justice are aware of zero attempts to refute this with, “War law states (a, b, c), so the wars are legal because (d, e, f).” All we receive is easy-to-reveal bullshit.
- When Americans are told an election is defined by touching a computer screen without a countable receipt that can be verified, they are being told a criminal lie to allow election fraud. This is self-evident, but Princeton, Stanford, and the President of the American Statistical Association are among the leaders pointing to the obvious (and here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here). Again, no professional would/can argue an election is legitimate when there is nothing for anyone to count.
- And, duh, corporate media are criminally complicit through constant lies of omission and commission to “cover” all these crimes. Historic tragic-comic empire is only possible through such straight-face lying, making our Emperor’s New Clothes analogy perfectly chosen.
- The top three benefits each of monetary reform and public banking total ~$1,000,000 for the average American household, and would be received nearly instantly. Please read that twice. Now look to verify for yourself.
Demanding arrests as the required and obvious public response
The categories of crime include:
- Wars of Aggression (the worst crime a nation can commit).
- Likely treason for lying to US military, ordering unlawful attack and invasions of foreign lands, and causing thousands of US military deaths.
- Crimes Against Humanity for ongoing intentional policy of poverty that’s killed over 400 million human beings just since 1995 (~75% children; more deaths than from all wars in Earth’s recorded history).
- Tens of trillions in looting, including $6.5 trillion just reported by the US Department of “Defense” as “lost.”
US military, law enforcement, and all with Oaths to support and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, face an endgame choice:
- Demand arrests, with those with lawful authority to enact it. An arrest is the lawful action to stop apparent crimes, with the most serious crimes documented here meaning the most serious need for arrests.
- Watch the US escalate its rogue state crimes that annually kill millions, harm billions, and loot trillions.
In just 90 seconds, former US Marine Ken O’Keefe powerfully states how you may choose to voice “very obvious solutions”: arrest the criminal leaders (video starts at 20:51, then finishes this episode of Cross Talk):
Note: I make all factual assertions as a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History, with all economics factual claims receiving zero refutation since I began writing in 2008 among Advanced Placement Macroeconomics teachers on our discussion board, public audiences of these articles, and international conferences (and here). I invite readers to empower their civic voices with the strongest comprehensive facts most important to building a brighter future. I challenge professionals, academics, and citizens to add their voices for the benefit of all Earth’s inhabitants.
Carl Herman is a National Board Certified Teacher of US Government, Economics, and History; also credentialed in Mathematics. He worked with both US political parties over 18 years and two UN Summits with the citizen’s lobby, RESULTS, for US domestic and foreign policy to end poverty. He can be reached at Carl_Herman@post.harvard.edu
Note: Examiner.com has blocked public access to my articles on their site (and from other whistleblowers), so some links in my previous work are blocked. If you’d like to search for those articles other sites may have republished, use words from the article title within the blocked link. Or, go to http://archive.org/web/, paste the expired link into the box, click “Browse history,” then click onto the screenshots of that page for each time it was screen-shot and uploaded to webarchive. I’ll update as “hobby time” allows; including my earliest work from 2009 to 2011 (blocked author pages: here, here).