If you’re wondering how to free up space on an Apple Watch, you aren’t the first. Many Apple Watch users experience limited space issues. There are different amounts of storage available for each Apple Watch model. But most Apple Watches do not have as much space as your iPhone or iPad.
Due to the limited storage capacity of the Apple Watch, deleting apps to save space is a sensible approach. Remove any apps you haven’t used in a while, and you should notice a significant improvement in your storage space. Alternatively, you can delete music and photos from your Apple Watch. Keeping your Apple Watch uncluttered is ideal.
This article will walk you through the different ways to free up space on an Apple Watch. Let’s get started.
How to Free Up Space on an Apple Watch
Follow the steps below to learn how to free up space on an Apple Watch.
- Remove Unnecessary Apps
If you remove unwanted apps from your Apple Watch, you can free up a lot of space. Here’s how to delete apps on your Apple Watch via your iPhone.
- Go to your Apple Watch app.
- Swipe down the My Watch screen to access the apps installed on your Apple Watch.
- Tap an app’s name to remove it. Alternatively, toggled ‘Show App’ to remove it from your Apple Watch.
- Delete Unwanted Photos and Music
If you have unwanted music or photos on your Apple Watch, you may want to delete them to free up space. Follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on the Music option under the My Watch section. With the Recent Music option, you can add songs you’ve recently played to your Apple Watch. This option is on by default, but you can turn it off first to see what space you’ll be able to free up.
- On the right side, tap Edit. If you want to delete a playlist or an album, tap on the Delete icon.
- Delete Unwanted Audiobooks and Podcasts
It’s possible to remove audiobooks through your Apple Watch app on your iPhone if you have any stored on your watch. Also, if you listen to podcasts on your Apple Watch, you can delete them through the Apple Watch app. Removing the audiobooks and podcasts you no longer listen to will free up a lot of space on your Apple watch.
The maximum Apple Watch storage is 32 GB in the newer series. Older models have 8 GB storage. At some point, you may run into storage issues. This is especially true when you add several apps, songs, and podcasts to your Apple Watch.
Luckily, you can quickly free up storage. Delete unwanted apps, music, audiobooks, and podcasts through the Apple Watch app.