Did you know you can pin a contact on your iPhone? This is a great way to keep someone’s information readily available so you can contact them quickly. And it’s easy to do.
Pinning a contact on iPhone can only be done in the Message app on your device. Simply open the app and long tap on the last message from the person you’d like to pin. Then select “Pin,” and that contact will be placed at the top of your messages. It’s super easy to execute and incredibly handy when you need to contact them fast.
The next time you want to contact this person quickly, just go to your messages and tap on their name at the top of the app.
This article is all you need to know about pinning a contact on an iPhone. So, let’s learn.
Why Pin a Contact on iPhone?
Pinning a contact to the top of your Messages app has several benefits.
- It makes it easier to find the person you’re looking for. They’ll be at the top of your list instead of alphabetically or chronologically sorted.
- No more scrolling through your entire contacts list to contact someone.
- It can be helpful to pin a contact if you frequently need to call or message them but don’t want to save them as a favorite in your Phone app.
How To Pin A Contact On iPhone
When you pin a contact to the top of your list, you ensure that they’re always close at hand – perfect for those important people in your life.
Here are the steps.
- First, open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Find the last message you received from the contact you want to pin.
- Then tap on their name or image and hold your finger there.
- A little menu will pop up. And the first option on this menu will be “pin.” Tap on that.
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to pin the contact. Once you do, they will be pinned to the top of your Messages app.
- To unpin a contact, simply tap and hold on their pinned name. That little menu will pop up again with the option to “unpin.”
Things you Need to Know About Pinning a Contact on iPhone
There are a few things to keep in mind when pinning a contact on your iPhone.
- The contact you pin will remain at the top of your Message app until you unpin them.
- If you delete a pinned contact from your Contacts app, they will no longer be pinned.
Suppose you’re looking for a quick and easy way to keep someone’s information readily available on your iPhone. In that case, pinning a contact is a brilliant solution. By following the steps above, you can pin a contact in just a few seconds. So next time you need to quickly call, text, or email someone, you’ll know exactly where to find their information.