Have you heard of TeePublic? Are you guessing ‘Is TeePublic legit?’ Due to such questions arising in your mind, you might be hesitant about purchasing something from this brand.
You might think if the quality of their products is good or not or if they provide timely deliveries.
All your doubts will be cleared when you read this article about TeePublic. It will answer your question ‘Is TeePublic legit.’
This review takes a deep look at TeePublic, its products, promotions, customer ratings, and much more so that you can know for sure if you can shop from them or not.
TeePublic was founded in 2013 by Adam Schwartz and Josh Abramson, who previously founded CollegeHumor and BustedTees.
It is owned by Redbubble and based in New York, USA, though the brand sells its products worldwide.
TeePublic originally employed crowdsourcing and crowdfunding for its functioning but later on, it was bought by Redbubble, which has the same business model, in October 2018.
The company is a popular print-on-demand marketplace in the US for online creators and independent designers. Here, they can upload several products with their designs in order to sell them.
Presently, you can find more than 75 products and 1.2 million unique designs on the official website of TeePublic. Its website is easy to navigate and find what you want.
It garners more than six million visitors per month. Some of the famous designers on TeePublic include Brandon Reese, Existential Comics, DoughBoys, and Againstbound.
TeePublic is mainly known for its trendy graphic t-shirts, as its name suggests, that go well with a pair of jeans and sneakers.
Apart from this, it also sells all types of clothes for adults and children, along with stickers, posters, phone cases, coffee mugs, stationery, laptop covers, pillows, tapestries, bags, etc.
All products on TeePublic have the same quality. This means that if you like the quality of their mug, hat, or t-shirt, then you can purchase them in different designs and be sure that they all will be of the same high quality.
The brand is also eco-friendly while ensuring that its printing partners use sustainable methods, such as biodegradable ink and non-toxic production.
Moreover, you do not have to deal with the designers on TeePublic, even though the brand has independent designers.
The company handles the manufacturing and printing of its products, takes payments, ships the products, as well as provides customer service to its customers for any problems they might have.
On TeePublic, you can choose from a wide range of designs and buy from your preferred designers. Plus, you can opt for unique and new designs from different designers.
There is also the option to upload your own designs to sell them or purchase them yourself.
The brand is featured in publications such as The Atlantic, InStyle, and Business Wire. You can contact TeePublic’s customer service via live chat, email, or the request form on its website.
It has its social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumbler, and Reddit.
Is TeePublic Legit?
TeePublic was founded in 2013 so it has been in business for over eight years. It is legal in every country where it ships its product. The brand receives the rights from creators to sell their designed products.
You cannot be duped since you do not deal with the designer directly. Plus, the designer cannot contact you since they do not get your details.
The issue can only arise when the designers upload and sell copyrighted designs that are not owned by them.
But, in this case also, the legal issue will be settled between the designer and the company and you will not be involved in it in any way.
TeePublic removes any designs that are not created by the designer or for which the creator does not have the usage permission.
Plus, its Instagram page has over 180k followers with a verified mark. TeePublic also does not sell or steal your details. It does not even have any malware or viruses.
However, you must make sure that the emails you get are from this company only before you click on any links.
How Can Designers Use TeePublic?
As a designer, you can use TeePublic as follows:
- First, you have to upload your beautiful designs on TeePublic and select the products where you want your printed design, such as shirts and accessories. There are no charges for uploading your designs on TeePublic. You also need to write a proper headline, keywords, and description for your designs.
- With your description, headlines, and keywords, you can rank high on search engines.
- Customers will then buy your design if they like them.
- TeePublic takes care of your design’s printing on the product bought by the consumer. This can take anywhere from one to three days.
- The company will then ship the item to the consumer.
- You can then collect your payment on the 15th of every month via Payoneer or PayPal. Your payment might differ for every product and when the item is on sale. Generally, artists get $4 for each shirt and $2 if the shirt is on sale. Your design will be on sale for the first 72 hours when you upload it and then it will sell at a regular price.
Some pros of TeePublic are written below.
- Has more than 1.2 million designs that are sold at reasonable prices
- Offers everything from apparel, masks, wall art, and home decor to phone cases, mugs, stationery, notebooks, and stickers
- Provides products for children as well
- Enables creators to sell their designs online
- Allows consumers to choose their preferred independent designer
- Allows exchanges for size variations
- Has clearance from the WRAP organization for its clothes
- Has got many positive reviews from customers
- Ships globally to many countries
You can find some drawbacks of TeePublic below.
- Had some complaints about its product quality and customer service
- Only provides refunds for defective products
- Does not have any facility for customers to try the clothes before purchasing
Prices and Discounts
The prices of products differ as per their type.
- A t-shirt is sold for around $20 or $14 during a sale
- Crewneck sweatshirts are priced at around $38
- Hoodies will cost you around $45 or $35 during a sale
In order to find the items on sale, you just have to click on your preferred garment type and then on the ‘newest’ option instead of the ‘popular’ option.
This is because new designs are offered at discounts for the initial three days when they are uploaded.
You can sign up for its newsletter, which will keep you informed about its discounts and sales. The company accepts payments via Apple Pay, Paypal, and major credit cards.
There are no customer testimonials on TeePublic’s official site. However, other review websites have some user reviews.
Review websites such as Trustpilot and Sitejabber give TeePublic an average rating above four out of five with 145k and 1617 customer reviews, respectively.
Most of the users like TeePublic shirts and unique prints and styles. Customers commend the quality of its products with durable prints and timely shipping.
Its customer service team is also lauded for its quick response and efforts in fixing any customer issues.
However, TeePublic also has 269 complaints on its official page on Better Business Bureau.
Some negative reviews that the brand got were about poor manufacturing quality, delayed delivery, and slow customer service response.
Despite these user complaints, TeePublic is a favorite apparel brand of many people owing to its high-quality products and affordable prices. This answers your question ‘Is TeePublic legit’ and demonstrates that TeePublic is a trustworthy and reliable site.
Is TeePublic Worth Your Time and Money?
You must support independent artists and local creators during such challenging times.
TeePublic gives you a chance to do that online when you cannot visit your nearby clothing shop or craft store. It is a reliable and legit online platform for custom-designed apparel and accessories.
TeePublic allows designers to sell their unique creations. This scam-free brand is based in New York and owned by Redbubble, an Australian publicly-traded firm.
Even though TeePublic designs are made by third-party merchants, all the manufacturing, shipping, and payment deals are executed by the company.
TeePublic provides high-quality products, irrespective of who has designed them.
Furthermore, its products are available at cheap prices (most of TeePublic t-shirts are priced at around $20) as compared to other online marketplaces such as Etsy. Plus, designers get paid fairly.
You can directly contact the brand for any shipping and quality problems without talking to the product designer.
Even though the company received some poor customer reviews, most of its buyers like its designs, sizing, and quality. Thus, TeePublic is a safe and legit marketplace for both artists as well as buyers.