If you’ve ever lost your Apple Watch, you know the feeling of mild panic that sets in. Where is it? Did you leave it at the office? Is it in the car? Or worse – has it been stolen? Thankfully, there’s an easy way to track down your missing Apple Watch using your iPhone.
For a missing Apple Watch, you can use the “Find My ” app on your phone to help you locate your misplaced watch. When you ping your Apple Watch, it will emit a loud pinging sound, which will help you locate it quickly. This makes it easier to find your Apple Watch if you lose it or suspect someone has stolen it.
This article will explain using the “Find My” feature on your iPhone to ping your Apple Watch.
Why Ping your Apple Watch?
One of the main reasons people might want to ping their Apple Watch is to find it if they’ve lost it or suspect that someone has stolen it. But there are other uses for this feature as well.
- Some people use it as a safety measure by setting up their iOS devices, and Apple Watches so they can use the Emergency SOS feature to call for help if they need it.
- And others might use ping as a way of testing whether their Apple Watch is online and capable of receiving and sending data. This can be useful if you’re having issues with your watch or suspect a problem with its network connection.
How to Ping your Apple Watch?
There are a few different ways to ping your Apple Watch, but the most common is through the “Find My” iPhone app.
To use this feature, simply follow these simple steps:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Devices” in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap your Apple Watch from the list of devices.
- Tap “Ping My Apple Watch.”
- Now, tap “Play sound,” and your Apple Watch will emit a loud pinging sound.
Allow Others to Ping your Apple Watch in an Emergency
If your Apple Watch is offline or unable to send and receive data, you might not be able to use the “Find My” app to ping it. And, if you’re in an emergency situation, you may want others or the police to be able to ping your Apple Watch.
There are other ways to still find your device if you need to. One of these is the Emergency SOS feature. This is a built-in safety feature that you can use to call for help and summon the police if you’re in danger.
Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch to use it. You should then see the option to call emergency services. Tap on this and confirm that you want to place the call.
Pinging your Apple Watch is a useful way to find it if you’ve lost it or think it might have been stolen. Just be aware that when you ping your Apple Watch, it will send out a sound that can help you locate it and potentially be heard by anyone nearby.