- Boycott Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Here’s Why:
- Jamal Khashoggi: Where The Road to Damascus & The Path to 9/11 Converge
- Talk Nation Radio: Mark Dworkin on Navy Jet Noise Over Washington State
- Video of a Workshop I Just Did in Santa Cruz on Abolishing War:
- How Many Households Qualify as Middle Class?
- Humanitarian Bombs
- Making the World Great for the First Time
- We Need a New Armistice Day
- Did U.S. and Allies Commit War Crime by Bombing Syria on April 14th?
- 20 Questions You Have to Ask U.S. Political Candidates Because Nobody Else Will
- Holomodor- Why the US Senate Deserves Censure
- Talk Nation Radio: Peter Kuznick on the Anti-Base Struggle in Okinawa
- The Global Distortions of Doom Part 1: Hyper-Indebted Zombie Corporations
- The biggest threat to U.S. national security is the U.S. Government.
- Is there anything Nancy Pelosi would impeach a president, vice president, or justice for?
If you wish to reproduce any essays from this site:
You may reproduce our essays as long as you give proper attribution (Washington's Blog) and provide a link to our site at the top of the post.
National Security and Copyright NoticesNational Security Notice
We are NOT calling for the overthrow of the government. In fact, we are calling for the reinstatement of our government.
We are not calling for lawlessness. We are calling for an end to lawlessness and lack of accountability and a return to the rule of law.
Rather than trying to subvert the constitution, we are calling for its enforcement.
We are patriotic Americans born and raised in this country. We love the U.S. We don't seek to destroy or attack America ... we seek to restore her to strength, prosperity, liberty and respect.
We don't support or like Al Qaeda, ISIS, the Taliban, or any similar or supporting groups. We think they are all disgusting.
The nation's top legal scholars say that draconian security laws which violate the Constitution should not apply to Americans.
Should you attempt to shut down this site or harass its authors, you are anti-liberty, anti-justice, anti-American ... and undermining America's national security.
We are not copyright pirates. We do not seek to destroy all copyright law.
Even the country's top copyright lawyers oppose draconian anti-piracy laws.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of political, economic, scientific, and educational issues. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to:
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
Tag Archives: gold
By all accounts, the world is awash with oil: production remains high while demand is softening along with the global economy. This has led many observers to forecast further declines in oil from the current price (in USD) of around … Continue reading
Claiming to own X quantity of gold is one thing, and reporting how many times the gold has been pledged as collateral is another. When correspondent Scott A. Batten offered to write an explanation of the rehypothecation of gold and … Continue reading
The central bank high is euphoric, the crash and burn equally epic. Just out of curiosity, I called up a few charts of key markets: stocks (the S&P 500), volatility (VIX), gold and the U.S. dollar (UUP, an exchange-traded fund … Continue reading
Based on historical gold-oil ratios, oil appears extraordinarily cheap right now. One way to establish if a commodity or asset is relatively expensive or inexpensive is to price it in something other than a fiat currency–for example, gold. Gold goes … Continue reading
Regardless of what we eat, we’re actually eating oil. Anyone who buys their own groceries (as opposed to having a full-time cook handle such mundane chores) knows that the cost of basic foods keeps rising, despite the official claims that inflation is … Continue reading